St. James’ Hospital, Chalakudy, radiate the healing mission of Jesus Christ. This is a super specialty hospital owned and managed by the diocese of Irinjalakuda under St.James’ Hospital trust a registered charitable trust to serve the suffering segment of the society, irrespective of cast, creed, race or religion. It was started in 1989. Now we have 13 super specialty and 21 specialty departments.
St. James institute of allied health science is one of the 5 institutions under St. James Hospital Trust. As per state it offers 2 years Diploma Courses in our hospital under Bharat Sevak Samaj (BSS)
BHARAT SEVAK SAMAJ (BSS): Bharat Sevak Samaj National Development Agency, established in 1952 by Planning Commission, Govt. Of India to ensure public co-operation for implementing Government plans. The constitution and functioning of BSS is approved unanimously by the Indian Parliament.
Course Offered :2 Years Diploma in
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Radiology And Imaging Technology
- Pharmacy Assistant
- First Aid And Nursing Care
- Operation Theatre Technology ( OT)
- Ayurveda, Panchakarma , Nursing & Yoga
- Anesthesia Technology
- Dialysis Technology
- Central Sterile Supply Department(CSSD)
- Medical Records Department(MRD)
- Academic: SSLC/+2/VHSE with pass marks from any recognized board. All groups are eligible.
- Eligibility certificate: Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination, from outside the state of Kerala shall produce certificate of recognition and equivalency of qualifying examination from board of Kerala. This should be furnished at the time of interview for admission.
- Age : Applicant should have completed 14 years only
- Admission of students shall be once in a year.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Duration of the Course: Duration of the Diploma in all Paramedical Course shall be 2years.
- Classes will be starting by August month.
- Syllabus: According to Bharat Sevak Samaj (BSS)
- Examination: Duration of the courses is 2 years. At the end of each year there will be theory and
- Medium of Instruction: English/Malayalam
- Practical Training : One year Practical training with stipend
- Application forms can be obtained from the Allied health sciences office from April 15th onwards
- The last date for submission of Application form is 30th June.