St.James’ Hospital,Chalakudy, perpetuates the healing mission of Jesus Christ.This is a Super-Specialty hospital owned and managed by St.James’ Hospital Trust, a charitable organization under the Diocese of Irinjalakuda.The School of Nursing attached to St. James’ Hospital has been started in 1994 with the idea of reaching scriptural vision of our Christ’s healing ministry.Hence,the students are given specific training to treat the patients as considering as their own siblings. Along with academic training, we give special emphasis to character formation and personality development of the students. We see that they are well equipped for consider nursing as a vocation, rather than a mere profession. Progression of natural talents and aptitude of students are considered as a important goal in our academic structure.
The institution is recognized by Indian Nursing council (INC) & The Kerala Nurse & Midwives council(KNMC)..
Affiliated to: Indian Nursing Council
|General Nursing and Midwifery
- Laboratories: Spacious laboratories for all nursing students for better demonstration and teaching. We are having separated & standard laboratories for Anatomy, Fundamentals of Nursing, Nutrition and maternal child health lab. And this laboratories are well equipped.
- Library: Consists of good collection of resources & latest amenities.
- Transportation: Equipped with our Own transportation facility.
- Clinical facilities: We have well equipped Multi-specialty hospital with a bed strength of 450 to ensure maximum clinical exposure.
Eligibility criteria for GNM Programme
- Academic: 10+2 with 40% marks from any recognized board.However science is preferable; for candidates belonging to SC/ST category with pass mark are eligible for application.
- Eligibility certificate: Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination, from outside the state of Kerala shall produce certificate of
- Admission of students shall be once in a year.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Registered ANM also can apply.
Application How to apply:
- Issue of application forms:-Application form and prospectus can be available/ obtain from the office of the principal ,School Of Nursing ,St. James’ Hospital Chalakudy on Payment of Rs.200/- By cash or Rs.250/- By post from First week of May.
- Submission of Application form: – Application form should be submitted to the Principal, School of Nursing, St. James’ Hospital,Chalakudy.
- The application form should be filled by the candidate herself.
- Mark list of S.S.L.C(Self attested copy).
- Mark list of plus two or its equivalent certificate. (Self-attested copy).
- Copy of recent conduct certificates.
- Caste and Income certificate from Village officer/ Tahsildar if the candidate is to considered under any reservation seat (SC/ST, OBC).There is no need for income certificate for SC/ST candidates.
Candidates will be called for interview to corroborate the qualification by selection panel and confirmation list will be prepared by the committee. Candidates should produce original certificates and documents to affirmate at the stage of final talk.
Members of selection panel:
- Nominee of the Council.
- Board of Management of the School
- Principal of the School
- Vice Principal of the School
- Superintendent of the Hospital or the Chief Medical Officer of the Hospital
Selected candidates are eligible for fees concession/ Scholarship / grants/admissible for SC/ST/OEC candidates.
Duration of the course is 3 years. The First 3 months are considered as preliminary training period, at the end of which there will be an examination and successful candidates will be admitted to the regular course, At the end of each,academic session there will be theory and practical examination prescribed by the Board of Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council.
School of Nursing
St. James’ Hospital, Chalakudy P.O-680307
Thrissur Dist, Kerala, India
Ph: No: 0480- 2710197, 0480- 32710271
Following the General Nursing Midwifery curriculum, revised in 2015, constituted by Indian Nursing council.
No. of Seats:
The Total number of the seats to General Nursing and Midwifery Course is 30